Sunday, May 3, 2009

Three most important things I learned in PoP

1) Time management. With a lot of parts of PoP going on at the same time, it was very important to manage my time well so that I didn't end up with only one thing done, the day before the other two are due. Time management was very important with the EO because we had no time to work on it in class and if we didn't start early on, we'd get flooded by the RP and DA and wouldn't have time for the EO. This will help me in high school and in college when I will have muliple projects and assignments going on at one time and I will have to use my time wisely in order to get them all done ontime.
2)Better organization. A few times during PoP, I nearly had a heart attack because I had lost important papers or even myUSB stick. I learned how important it is to organize my stuff so that I know where it is. Not having important papers or my USB stick was a big problem while doing my DA and RP. This will be very important later in life so that I don't speand hours wasting time trying to find stuff that should be kept in one place.
3) How to write a research paer. Even with the Africa RP, at the beginning of PoP, writing a research paer was still not something I had totally down. However, the extra in-class practice we had for our RP made writing it much easier. Knowing how to write a research paper will be very important in college because most of what we do will be tests, studying, and writing research papers.

No comments: