Saturday, January 10, 2009

Great Powers Game Debrief

In the great powers game, my country was the United States of America. While building my democratic empire, I felt very powerful because I started off fairly powerful. That feeling kind of went away when I was stabbed in the back. It came back after the great war because I was one of the only survivors. The countries with an advantage at the start of the game were the U.S.A., the U.K., and Russia. The U.S. and U.K. started with 4 buying power and a decent military and Russia started with a good amount of buying power and a very good military. I think I was one of the more powerful countries at the beginning but halfway through until the end of the game I was very weak. In the long run, armies were the most important because if you had the strongest army, you could acquire alot of buying from other countries through war. I think I did best at getting richer quicker. I did this by joining battles that I had nothing to do with in order to get a share of the loot. Next time, I would NOT betray a powerful country and then join a back stabber nd get betrayed. Because you can beak treaties whenever you want, and because nobody liked me, my alliances were not very good. Three things I learned about conflict is that it is not very fun to loose a war, do not trust anyone because anyone can betray you, and that wars usually are not a good way to make allies.

No comments: