Sunday, January 18, 2009

Joining the Army

As an American, I will never have compulsary military service. However, there draft might still aply in times of war. However, if I am not forced to join the military, I would probably join the military some where not on the front lines is if it's the end of the line for America. At that point however, the draft would probably take me any way. If I as forced to join the army, I would probably be part of a technology department and not a position that would require me to carry a gun more than half my weight. I just do not have the body required to be crawling on the ground holding a gun bigger than me. I wouldn't survive training either. I just don't think I'm mean enough to kill someone with a gun. Maybe hireing the troops needed to kill someone, but probably not killing them myself. I also value my life too much. If the US had manditory military service, I would join because I had to, not because I wanted to.

No comments: